Saturday, June 16, 2012

Two Years Later

Two years ago Monday (June 11, 2010), I married one of the best men on this earth.

He is patient and kind and really put up with a lot with me throughout that first year of getting back on my feet/figuring out who I was post-TFA.  He is faith-filled and holds me accountable to mine.  He loves his family and he loves mine.  He treats my brother as if he were his own by blood, which, honestly, it's rare to find people who are even not unkind to him.

God has blessed him with many talents, including the ability to play really awesome guitar, but also humility and the ability to know when and why to share those talents and to whom those talents really belong.

He is truly one-of-a-kind and blessing.  I am so grateful that he's in my life.

Love you, honey!


We celebrated over the weekend at Shenandoah National Park and had a fabulous time.  It was nice, relaxing, and restful.  We were definitely on the younger side of the clientele, though, haha!  We actually stayed right in the park at one of their lodges, Big Meadows Lodge.  Did you know that they had lodges right on the grounds?  I didn't.  
They even had a pub with live music at night (I <3 Appalachian folk music!) and great local brew.  If you are in the area and like semi dark beers, then you need to try the Big Meadows beer.  It's so good.
It was so incredibly beautiful.  We arrived that Friday right around sunset.



This was driving around the next day.

We went hiking, toured Luray Caverns, enjoyed the scenery, and just had a grand time.

I couldn't have asked for more.






No comments:

Post a Comment