Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Works in Progress Wednesday 3

So here we are again with the baby quilt. :)


Y'all are probably so tired of this. I didn't get any sewing done this weekend...lots of other things (errands, saw a friend in D.C., farmer's market, you know), but no sewing.

But I am making progress!! Woohoo! We are getting there, people!


I have quilted on the bias on one whole side and now I just need to quilt in the opposite direction so that it forms something of a little cross hatch. It meanders in some places and there's definitely places where the quilt dragged a bit or I pulled it, so there's a touch of uneven stitching, but overall, I must say that I'm pleased.


The nice thing about quilting on the bias, especially on a square quilt?

The first line (since I sew from the middle out, of course), is the longest. And they just get shorter and shorter after that.

Motivator!

So, all that's left is quilting in the opposite direction, squaring up, and sewing on the binding.


Which is not much!

I doubt I'll finish by Friday, though that would be supremely awesome, but I think I should at least be able to finish this weekend.


So y'all can see something new on Wednesdays. :) 

Probably this:

Fabric for the Bloom Bloom Pow Quilt
Which has made no progress, but it's next on the docket.

Linking up with Lee @ Freshly Pieced

 
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

No comments:

Post a Comment